Music can really affect our mood. Can you recall listening to music that soothed you, made you happy or made you feel agitated? One of the reasons that we listen to music is because it is enjoyable. When we are stressed it can sometimes be difficult to listen to music. Often that’s because music reminds us of old times. Therefore finding some new tunes can be helpful.
We have collated a list of relaxation music that has been recommended by members of a Facebook group, moderated by Irene Lyons, based in Canada. Irene’s work is focused on nervous system regulation. You may like to look at her sites:
This list is just a start and certainly not complete. If you would like to help us collate a broader list, we would welcome your ideas and suggestions – email [email protected]
Our choices in music are very personal. Music that one person finds relaxing make not appeal to another., The following are suggestions from members of a group interested in calming the nervous system. I hope you find something new and relaxing in this list:
1. Marconi Union – Weightless (Official 10 Hour Version)
2. Relaxing Hang Drum music for Yoga and Meditation from Best Relaxing Music
3. Deva Premal & Miten: Om Namo Bhagavate /Gayatri Mantra
4. Irene’s Yin Yoga / Savasana, a playlist of soothing sounds with vocals
5. Trevor Hall | You Can’t Rush Your Healing | KALA | Forgive
6. The Fairy Ring Mike Rowland Part 1 and Part 2 an album of healing music
7. Brian Eno – Ambient 1: Music for Airports
8. Native American flute and beautiful nature, birds singing in forest.
There are many ways to access a wide range of music from different free sources. You can subscribe to music streaming services for low monthly fees – for around $10/month e.g. Pandora and Spotify. These provide access to almost all the music you could ever desire. YouTube is free and there are other places you can access online music at no cost.
What is your favourite music for relaxation?