Blue Knot Foundation is the National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma. It works to empower recovery for the more than five million (1 in 4) Australian adults who are survivors of complex trauma, their families and their communities.
As the National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma, we deliver on our purpose to empower survivors, their families and communities to heal and recover, every day. That’s because more than 5 million adult Australians are affected by repeated abuse, neglect and violence, many devastatingly so.
Since 1995, we have driven trauma-informed initiatives and complex trauma awareness as advocates, thought leaders, researchers, service providers and trainers, supporting Royal Commissions and enquiries. In 2012 our Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care and Service Delivery in 2012 became a global first, heralding of suite of publications setting clinical and organisational practice standards.
We deliver services into urban, rural and regional communities in every state and territory, some direct to survivors and their loved ones and others building the capacity of diverse sectors and services:
- Short-term trauma specialist phone and online counselling, information and referral to adult survivors of complex trauma.
- Information, referral and redress application support to adult survivors of institutional child sexual abuse.
- Educational workshops and webinars to adult survivors of complex trauma and their loved ones.
- Accessible resources and publications.
Capacity building services
- Professional development training for professionals and other personnel across diverse sectors in trauma-informed practice, complex trauma treatment and vicarious trauma mitigation.
- Trauma-informed supervision, organisational consultancy, research.
- Evidence-informed resources and publications.