The Blue Knot Helpline and Redress Support Service is a national telephone counselling and referral service which provides short term counselling to adult survivors of complex childhood trauma, including those impacted by institutional child sexual abuse, some of whom are applying for the National Redress Scheme. In addition, the helpline provides phone counselling support to supporters of survivors and health professionals.
Contacting Blue Knot Foundation
Collecting personal information
Blue Knot Foundation Helpline and Redress Support Service Webchat only collects your personal information to provide you with our services, including:
- Providing you with support, information and referrals;
- Managing our relationship with you (including if you contact our Helpline telephone service);
- Resolving any feedback, complaints or issues you raise; and
- Complying with our legal obligations as a mandatory reporter of a child protection concern or to report a risk of harm to you or another person. If a helpline counsellor identifies imminent risk to your safety, we are mandated to contact the relevant authorities.
We will only collect your personal information directly from you, or a person authorised by you to provide this information on your behalf. We save a copy of the transcript of each webchat for our records in our secure system.
To carry out the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations such as:
- Other parties to whom we refer you for further assistance such as a local counsellor. We will only provide your personal information to these people with your express consent; and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose such information, such as government authorities or emergency services.
We will disclose your personal information and I.P address if we do not have your personal information, to the relevant authority if we become aware that:
- a child or young person is at risk of harm. This includes physical, sexual, emotional, psychological abuse or neglect; or
- You or another adult is at serious risk of harm
- A crime has been committed
You can choose to use webchat under a pseudonym if you wish. We will also require an email address to assist in supporting you and providing referrals.
Accessing your information
If you wish to access or correct your information, please contact us by telephone 1300 657 380 or email on [email protected] between 9-5 Mon-Sun AEST/AEDT
Contacting us from overseas
The Blue Knot Helpline and Redress Support Service is only able to provide service to people living in Australia. If you are logging in from overseas you may like to seek support from a national service located near to you.
Ireland and UK: Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/
New Zealand: Need to talk https://1737.org.nz/
In using the Blue Knot Helpline webchat service you must not:
- Defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- Publish distribute email transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, offensive or inappropriate (including material that infringes intellectual property rights);
- Engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services.
- Impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- Send unsolicited communications.
- Post, link to, distribute or transmit any information, material or item which contains a virus or other harmful or disruptive component designed to interrupt or limit functionality of computer software or hardware.