The Blue Knot helpline offers trauma-informed, person-centred, support, information and referrals to callers who are survivors of complex childhood trauma and their personal supporters. It also supports survivors of institutional sexual abuse as they engage with or apply to the National Redress Scheme.
This role supports the counselling coordinator in the effective management of the helpline service and collaborates with the redress leadership team to ensure the services are suitably resourced.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Clinical work with survivors who call the helpline
- Rostering across both teams for enhanced responsiveness
- Support recruitment, induction and training of counsellors
- Day to day operation of the Helpline phone, email and webchat services
- Provide mentoring, support, debriefing and professional development for counsellors
- Ensure best practice counselling frameworks and data collection protocols are adhered to
You have a background providing counselling to survivors of complex trauma, and or violence, people with disabilities and/or in mental health with experience leading, supervising, managing or coaching staff.
You are flexible and can work in a fast paced, pressured environment, with fluctuating demands and meet the unique requirements arising from the caller’s needs. Additionally you will have:
- Current membership or eligibility to a relevant professional body and tertiary qualifications in counselling, psychology or social work
- Experience working with the dynamics and impacts of trauma and a person-centred approach to working with people
- An understanding of the range of counselling and support services available to survivors
- Familiarity with providing debriefing and support in a counselling setting
- Skills in risk assessment, intervention and crisis management
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, excel, outlook and internet use)
- Availability and willingness to work full or part time in a seven-day roster
If you are passionate about empowering people with complex trauma, hold suitable qualifications and experience, please apply by clicking the button below and submit your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required.