Online support via webchat for the National Counselling and Referral Service – Disability
National Counselling and Referral Service (NCRS) offers short term, trauma-informed counselling and referrals for ongoing support via web chat through the Blue Knot website to people with disability with experiences of violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation or those impacted by the Disability Royal Commission.
Contacting Blue Knot Foundation
Collecting personal information
We will only collect and use your personal information with the intention of providing you with the support services, including to:
- Provide you with information and referrals;
- Manage our relationship with you (including if you contact the NCRS telephone support service provided by us);
- Resolve any legal and/or consumer complaints or issues; and
- Comply with our legal obligations to report a risk of harm to you or another person.
We will only collect your personal information directly from you, or a person authorised by you to provide this information on your behalf. In order to carry out the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations such as:
- Other parties who we refer you to for further assistance such as a local counsellor. We will only provide your personal information to these people with your express consent; and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose such information, such as government authorities or emergency services.
We will need to disclose your personal information to the relevant authority if we become aware that:
- There is a child or young person at risk of harm. This includes physical, sexual, emotional, psychological abuse or neglect; or
- There is a serious risk of harm to you or another adult person.
You will have the option of using the online support services under a pseudonym if you wish. We will require a telephone number and post code to assist in supporting you and providing referrals.
Accessing your information
If you wish to access or correct your information, please contact us by telephone or email on 1800 421 468 or [email protected]
Contacting us from overseas
NCRS is only able to provide service to those living in Australia. If you are logging in from overseas you may like to seek support from a national service located near to you.
Ireland and UK: Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/
New Zealand: Need to talk https://1737.org.nz/
In using the online support services through the Blue Knot website you must not:
- Defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- Publish distribute email transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, offensive or inappropriate (including material that infringes intellectual property rights);
- Engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services.
- Impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- Send unsolicited communications.
- Post, link to, distribute or transmit any information, material or item which contains a virus or other harmful or disruptive component designed to interrupt or limit functionality of computer software or hardware.